How To Post Pics From Photobucket (v2)

Issues, feedback & suggestions for the forum and main website.

How To Post Pics From Photobucket (v2)

Postby moocowmoneybox » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:08 am

Due to the high number of people who keep on asking how to post pics in the forum i have come up with the following:

This guide has used Photobucket as an example - it is free and seems to work OK.

First you need to get an account with a hosting site. As this guide has been written with screen shots from my Photobucket account, that would be a good site to sign up with :wink: . The address is www.photobucket.com

Next lets check that you will get the correct box show up to give you the image code that is required:

Click 'account options' at the top of the screen.

Scroll down to the 'Album Settings' section and click on 'Link Options'

Check that there are ticks in the 'IMG for bulliten boards & forums' boxes.

If you made any changes then click 'Save', if you didnt then you can just click 'Cancel'
Now you should be back at the 'normal' screen. If not then click 'my albums' in the blue bar to return to the main album.

Click 'more options' (underneath the 'Upload images and videos' button)

Select a reasonable image size, then click 'Save'. I use 800 x 600 when i am posting directly into a thread. This allows the margin and image to be displayed without having to drag the screen to the right. (My monitor is 15" and set to 1024x768)

Click 'Upload images and videos' to open another little window where you can navigate around your computer to select the files you want to post.
Last edited by moocowmoneybox on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
moocowmoneybox

Part 2...

Postby moocowmoneybox » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:09 am

Find the required folder and click the file you want to upload. If you want to upload more than one file from that folder then hold down the 'CTRL' key as you click the required files.
When you have made your selection click the 'Open' button.

You should now see that it has listed the files and they start uploading. As they upload the filename box gradually fills in, they are taken off the list when the box is full. When they are all uploaded the screen refreshes and they should be displayed as thumbnails.

If you have the 'tagging' option set then it will go to another screen which will allow you to add titles, descriptions and tags. If you get this and dont want to tag anything then click 'Return to album'.
This can be turned off in the 'more options' screen (where you set the image size)

To get the image code for posting into the forum just left click in the box which has 'IMG Code' next to it, then right click and select 'copy'.

Return to the forum message box where you were typing your message and paste the code where you want the picture to show. Holding down 'CTRL' and pressing 'v' pastes the code where the cursor is.

To check the image is correct you can use the preview button (next to submit) before actually submitting into the topic / thread
moocowmoneybox

Return to Forum and Website Feedback