angel advice

Discussions on this fascinating and diverse group of fishes...

angel advice

Postby mattellis18 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:48 pm

I have a nice community tank with mainly small fish rummy nose tetras, danios, silver tip and serpae tetras my other half wants to add a couple of angel fish, she has been told if you buy them when there small they should grow up and not bother with the smaller fish is this true.

Sorry if this is a stupid questions
mattellis18

Re: angel advice

Postby Carylnz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:50 pm

It is not a stupid question and is not necessarily true. With angels it very much depends on the personality of each fish or whether you end up with a pair. Sometimes this is so and they never bother other fish but others become territorial nightmares. What size is the tank? If it is smaller than 3ft I would not recommend adding 2 angels.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby Carolann » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:06 pm

We bought 1 small angel when we were stocking our tank, then lots of people said we could have bought trouble.
So far we have been ok our angel has been like its name. Now Blue Gourami's they are a different story.
Carolann

Postby mattellis18 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:26 pm

The tank size is fine just dont want to lose any fish if I can help it but would like a couple of bigger fish in there
mattellis18

Postby ady » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:51 pm

you could get trouble with the angles getting nipped by the serpae tetras....as they are known to be nippers,especially of long flowing fins

as said above it depends on the angels temperament,weather they munch the little ones you already have.......mine have never munched a neon tetra but i have seen them sizing them up before....
humans are the only race,with the intelligence to save the earth...shame we have the ignorance to ignore the salvation!!!!!
ady

Return to Cichlids