salvini

Discussions on this fascinating and diverse group of fishes...

salvini

Postby scottb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi all not been on here in a while,iv set up a cichlid tank in a rio 240,would like to put a salvini in with 2 firemouths (about a yr old) 2 young keyholes,2 bolivian rams and a young blue acara,the salvini is still a juvenile also,any thoughts on the salvini or this mix of fish greatly appreciated,should also point out keyholes,rams and firemouths are in the tank just now with no issues
Thanks scott
Juwel rio 240-american cichlids
juwel rio 180-community
Juwel rio 180 vision-community
fluval roma 90-community
aquastart 26ltr-betta
scottb

Re: salvini

Postby pandacory » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Salvini Cichlids require a tank of at least 50 gallons with a fine gravel or sand bottom. It does not burrow or destroy plants, which are recommended to use as territories. The Salvini Cichlid should be provided with numerous rocks and roots for use as hiding places. Plenty of room should be left for open swimming. They may be housed with smaller fish that are also more aggressive, but be aware, they are territorial and will bite others.
Taken from Live Aquaria.
So basically if you tank mates are aggressive then you should be ok. Firemouths are certainly aggressive toward each other but toward other species mine never attacked my angels or severum or vice versa.
stuart

planted tank
3 oto's
6 lemon tetra
6silvertip tetra

marine setup fowlr
volitan lionfish
lemonpeel angel
crimson hawkfish
pajama cardinal

http://www.wix.com/tismeffs/sgaquariumcleaningservices
pandacory

Re: salvini

Postby scottb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Thanks stuart,giving the salvini a miss,gony add 4 adult angels i have from my other tanks and see how they get on
Juwel rio 240-american cichlids
juwel rio 180-community
Juwel rio 180 vision-community
fluval roma 90-community
aquastart 26ltr-betta
scottb

Return to Cichlids