Sterbai cories

Discuss those captivating bottom dwelling critters...

Sterbai cories

Postby zyla » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:44 pm

hi,
i've currently got 3 sterbai cories as part of my community set up in a 64l tank, but have read a few times about them preferring to shoal? The 3 I have hang about together most of the time and are real characters. I'd like 3 more but I'm not convinced I've room, I don't want to overstock - my sig shows what I've got and I reckon I'm pretty full. However I also don't want the 3 to be less settled than they should, they seem happy at the moment digging around in the sand and swimming pretty much all over the tank.

What should I do?

thanks for the advice in advance.
~ 180l tank :D ~
zyla

Re: Sterbai cories

Postby Carylnz » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:20 pm

I think you have enough fish now. Sure, the more corys you have the more they are out and about but 3 is fine, and the minimum suggested, and they are obviously happy.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby zyla » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:50 pm

I thought that'd be the answer and if 3 is ok as a minimum for them I'll keep things as they are as everything seems happy at the moment :D
thanks again!
~ 180l tank :D ~
zyla

Postby ady » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:48 pm

i have 2 pepper and 1 bronze cory....the keep each other happy...but maybe adding some more when i clear out some stock from a tank that cracked....
humans are the only race,with the intelligence to save the earth...shame we have the ignorance to ignore the salvation!!!!!
ady

Return to Catfish