CPR ON A CORY

Discuss those captivating bottom dwelling critters...

CPR ON A CORY

Postby SplashOfColour » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:56 am

I noticed one of my corys had scuff marks and torn fins, and wasnt very lively compared to the others and so i placed him in a hatchery overnight, to get somerest, i decided to re-dose my tank with finrot and fungus for some neons with interpet medicine, and went to distribute it all over thw aquarium surface, and accidently poured some into the hatchery. My cory started swimming frantically then stopped, and having read reviews on this medicine beforehand, i had noticed a few fish had died from direct contact with it, but i had no other medicine to use. I stared at the fish for around 30 seconds, very mad at myself and upset, and it didnt move, so i pronounced it dead. I lifted the hatchery up out of the water, stared at the little guy for 10 seconds or so, really upset, and then went to walk towards the tiolet. For some strange reason it didnt feel like previous fish deaths before, and so i pressed lightly three-four times down on its side, thinking i could clear some of the chemical from its gills,, and walked back into my room and dropped the hatchery back in my tank. I looked at it, and then it suddenly started breathing frantically, laying on its sode, and then swimming around the hatchery on its side and evantually gained balance upright and it sat there all night, and i let it out in the morning. Its still alive to this day, and this happned around a month ago :D i will never use thatmedicine again as it doesnt work and kills allbacteria in the tank, causing it stick to the sides of your tank.
SplashOfColour

Re: CPR ON A CORY

Postby delphine » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:59 am

right, if i got "kaput"... that's not 999 i'm calling then *:OD
"la meuilleure facon d'marcher, c'est toujours la meme, c'est de mettre un pied d'vant l'autre et d'recommencer; gauche, droite, gauche-droite-gauche..."
delphine

Re: CPR ON A CORY

Postby markee » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:33 pm

oh the images i have in my head :lol:

Glad it had a happy ending though :wink:
markee

Return to Catfish