Cory Eggs?

Discuss those captivating bottom dwelling critters...

Cory Eggs?

Postby tropicalfishman » Tue May 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Today I found 14 white lumps, no bigger than 2 mm, on the glass near my heater and right by my filter. They look almost exactly like cory eggs: http://www.dignall.com/gallery/d/17446- ... ggs_03.jpg (not my photo) but they don't seem to be as translucent, but I'm almost certain that they are eggs (you can see my fish in my signature).

If they are cory eggs, what should I do? I have no other tanks, so I guess I should just leave them there and see what happens?

Thanks
My Tank:
4x Cardinal Tetra
4x Glowlight Tetra
3x Tail Spot Corydoras
2x Harlequin Rasbora
2x Dwarf Oto
2x Amano Shrimp
1x Zebra Snail
tropicalfishman

Re: Cory Eggs?

Postby cousin it » Tue May 22, 2012 4:48 pm

they are probably either cory eggs or possibly zebra snail eggs. I would leave them there as even if you did have a tank to move them to removing them from the surface they are on without damaging them is very tricky.
I would make an area of dense plant growth or moss for future spawnings that way you might get lucky and have a few survive, I regularly find young sterbai cories in my tank from the parents spawning, and quite often I have to save juveniles from my external filter as they have been sucked in when very small and are found months later merrily swimming in the bottom of it with no aparent ill effects.
Daran

there's always one
cousin it

Re: Cory Eggs?

Postby tropicalfishman » Tue May 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Well 1/2 of the eggs are right on the intake of the filter, so I guess they won't be living for very long :? But at least there some alot further away :) How long does it take for them to hatch?
My Tank:
4x Cardinal Tetra
4x Glowlight Tetra
3x Tail Spot Corydoras
2x Harlequin Rasbora
2x Dwarf Oto
2x Amano Shrimp
1x Zebra Snail
tropicalfishman

Return to Catfish