Help with ID AND rehoming

Discuss those captivating bottom dwelling critters...

Help with ID AND rehoming

Postby Blackcat » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:37 am

Hello, I'm brand new to this forum and have registered to try and get some help. I have two catfish, which I bought from youngsters, however they have grown really large and they also eat any small fish in the tank. They are lovely fellows but my tank as been rather empty for a while now as I am unable to put in any small fish. So I am ready to let these fish go but I don't really know what type they are and they are such shy fish I only want them to go to another fish fanatic who knows how to care for them, not a pet shop.
I thought the fish might be black lancers, they have a white line centrally down their body but they are not really black more a grey colour. They are really really shy, so much so that if caught out of their dens they totally panic and even hurt themselves banging into the heater or glass etc trying to get back under cover. They are lovely species and have 'gentle' looking faces. Anyway if anyone can help with identification or if anyone would like these fish i'm happy to give them free as long as it's to a knowledgable fish keeper.
Thanks.
Blackcat

Photo taken

Postby Blackcat » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Hello all,
Further to my last plea for help, I've managed to take a partial photo of my fish. But I can't upload to my post, any suggestions?
Many Thanks
Blackcat

Re: Photo taken

Postby englishmx » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Blackcat wrote:Hello all,
Further to my last plea for help, I've managed to take a partial photo of my fish. But I can't upload to my post, any suggestions?
Many Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9070
Mike...
englishmx

Re: Help with ID AND rehoming

Postby Blackcat » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks Mike, I managed to post a photo on another site and they seem to think it is a Sun catfish. So if anyone would like 2 Sun catfish I'm in Sunderland and happy to let them go.
Blackcat

Re: Help with ID AND rehoming

Postby Blackcat » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Hello all, I've looked at images of a sun catfish but don't think that's my boys! I've found images of a blue catfish which looks much more likely. Is this a possibility? And does anyone know anything about these fish? And does anyone want two!
Blackcat

Return to Catfish