please help me help my panda!

Discuss those captivating bottom dwelling critters...

please help me help my panda!

Postby silvertongue77 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Hello, please can anyone advise me on what to do to help my poor panda cory. He developed what I figured was white spot so i dosed the tank with interpet anti-white spot and both him and my pepper cory took very ill, I separated them in a hatchery and while the panda recovered the pepper unfortunately didn't make it. The morning after the pepper died and a few days after the panda had recovered i woke to discover that the panda had lost about half of his beautiful tail and his fin was ripped along the bottom. I separated him immediately into the hatchery, not knowing if this is disease or if he's been eaten, the only possible culprit for eating him is a leopard danio, would that even be likely? Ive since realized from reading other posts that by dosing with the white spot stuff I have caused the untimely demise of my poor pepper and upset the panda greatly so I'm petrified to add anything else to the water. I also have no idea how the panda can survive, he can swim but not much and he was such a lively little guy that this is breaking my heart. Should I have him all on his own in another tank, I owe him to try anything I can but I don't know what to do. Please offer any advice you can and thank you.
P.S. for future cases of white spot, what treatment is best to avoid upsetting certain species?

Return to Catfish