Missing Pleco!

Discuss those captivating bottom dwelling critters...

Missing Pleco!

Postby finnyfi » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:48 am

I'm really quite upset about this, was looking for my wee Pleco last night and he wasn't there. He's just under 2" long, but I cleaned the filter, picked the log out, etc, no sign. I don't think it's that possible that the Platy's would have eaten him, as they're no longer than him, and they really weren't interested in him before. How could a Pleco just vanish?? Any (sensible!) suggestions? :'(
finnyfi

Re: Missing Pleco!

Postby wilfy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:27 pm

is there any other places like behind heaters or pipework, is filter built in or can it be removed totaly,fish get into some places ,that you would never expect,iv got 2 butterfly plecs and i think i might see them once a month.if im lucky..i drilled holes in my bog wood like little caves,they hide in there.once lost a zeb danio thought it had been eaten ,found it in my filter ,to this day i have no idear how the little bugger got in there,.are fish can be strange ,captivating, funny,sad, and bloody annoying at times,but i wouldent be without mine,bet it turns up. :roll:
wilfy

Postby Carylnz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Fish are able to go to another dimension I think then pop up back in the tank a few days later :lol:
Mind you, I had 2 large hoplo cats disappear last week (I assume of old age as they must be around 10 years) and no sign of either body. These were thick bodied fish around 10cm.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby finnyfi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:56 am

Checked all the possible hideyplaces Wilfy, it's only a 60ltr tank so I think he has well and truly performed a Houdini act. Stripped the new plants and then moved on... :cry: I even checked down the back of the tank in case he'd suckered his way through the cable space! He was always an active wee chap and I saw him regularly moving round the tank.

I looked for 'bits' too Carylnz, and found nothing. Thought Platys were veggies...but maybe not... Anyone want some Platys? lol.

Not sure if I should get another Pleco yet. How long have folk left it before replacing? I'm still in mourning... :?
finnyfi

Postby wilfy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:18 am

lol :lol: try yellow chiniese algie eaters there alot easyer to see :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: you need to be in mourning ,1 day for each month you had the fish,and you need to ware black for at least 1 week ,,i find throwing a wake ,with lots of fellow fish keepers, and lota of fally down liquid ,helps, :wink: :wink: :wink: :idea: :idea: :idea: iam availible to atend all wakes . :balloons: :balloons: :balloons:
wilfy

Return to Catfish