oh sad day!!

A forum to discuss the more unusual aquarium fish - Arowanas, Eels, Knifefish, Polypterus, Puffers, Rays and more...

oh sad day!!

Postby ricky 2 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:29 am

btween 11 this morning and 2 this afternoon one of my ornates has taken a healthy 7 inch silvershark im gutted i love my sharks a whould never have belived that my ornate whould been big enuf to take one hole. when i found the bircher it had just a tiny bit of shark tail still visible thay have been side by side for years in the same tank. tho it has suprized me i still fil like a fool . how the hell did it manage it? :cry: :cry:
ricky 2

Postby moocowmoneybox » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:31 pm

i am sorry you have lost a silver shark, but how awesome to think that the ornate had the speed to grab one of the sharks & then the strength to hold it etc...

what size is the ornate that did the deed?
Adrian
Rio 400 12/11/10

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision.
"There's someone in my head but it's not me..."
"Everybody has their vice"
moocowmoneybox

Postby ricky 2 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:35 pm

well my best estemate is12-14 inches but as you know thay dont have a big body to lenth size its now siting at the bottom of the tank with a belly the likes of ive never seen :|
ricky 2

Postby moocowmoneybox » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:42 pm

were any of the silver sharks injured or spending time hanging around the base of the tank?

might just have been wrong place, wrong time. The bichir was hungry enough to go for it and the shark was not strong enough to fend for itself
Adrian
Rio 400 12/11/10

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision.
"There's someone in my head but it's not me..."
"Everybody has their vice"
moocowmoneybox

Postby ricky 2 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:12 am

well when i left the house at about 11 as i was leaving i chuked in a hand full of pellets and all the sharks wer fine. but im thinking that somthing must have made the victim a bit off his usal self becuse as fast as the ornates are i whould think that the pace and cunning of the shark could easly outrun the ornate . :roll: i cheeked all the usal stuff and all is well the tempis down a bit at 24.8 . all the other fish are happy and feeding apart from the ornate who still looks to fat to get his sorry ass of the bottom of the tank but he is moving about from time to time the nexst smallest shark is around 9 inches so i cant see him being a victim but then again im gobsmacked that a 7 inch fish was :|
ricky 2

Return to Oddballs and Brackish Fish