Oscar's in Brackish?

A forum to discuss the more unusual aquarium fish - Arowanas, Eels, Knifefish, Polypterus, Puffers, Rays and more...

Oscar's in Brackish?

Postby Marcus_rossa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:37 am

hello,

Does anybody know if a pair of Oscar's will live happily in Brackish water?

Im tempted to get a "freshwater Moray eel" but i know as they grow older they require Brackish water, also does anybody have any experiance with Moray eels? i've done some research and have had a few qustions answerd but need to be atleast 99% sure its what i want, The Breed i'm after i believe is called a "snowflake Moray"

Many thanks...
Marcus_rossa

Postby ricky 2 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:55 am

hi fella thats a big no no for the oscars mate fresh only and as far as i know the morray will ned full marine water as it gets older :wink:
ricky 2

Postby Marcus_rossa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:44 pm

ok, keeping them in freshwater is fine with me.
Do you know much about the "freshwater moray's"? ive read a few posts now about them and the majority say they require about 1.010 saltinity but a few have had success in freshwater tanks.
Marcus_rossa

Postby ricky 2 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:56 pm

welll as far as i know thay will survive in fresh water to Brackish but thay wont get to the size thay could in a full marine enviroment . have you looked at the fire eel tho thay are very simila in needs i think thay do a lil bit better in fresh water :wink:
ricky 2

Return to Oddballs and Brackish Fish