Calling all Crystal Red Shrimp Owners - NEW QUESTION (food)

A forum to discuss the more unusual aquarium fish - Arowanas, Eels, Knifefish, Polypterus, Puffers, Rays and more...

Calling all Crystal Red Shrimp Owners - NEW QUESTION (food)

Postby charliesangel » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi .. I have a question. I'm about to finally get some CRS this Saturday. Think I've got the acclimatisation straight in my head but once they're in and settled how does everyone match the temperature of fresh water for water changes? Do you / can you use water from your hot tap to match the tank temperature (guessing the water runs through copper pipes - is this ok?) If not can you use a little boiled water to match up the tank temperature? If still no then how?? (cold water and a heater dropped in overnight to the right temperature?) Thanks :D

NEW QUESTION ......
I've been going through my fish food checking for any levels of copper in the food. I usually drop in a couple of JMC Catfish Pellets for the Cories and it says 'Analysis: Copper 3mg/kg' -- would it be advisable NOT to use these pellets considering they contain copper or are those levels minimal and won't affect the CRS?
Last edited by charliesangel on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cardinals, Cories & CRS
charliesangel

Re: Calling all Crystal Red Shrimp Owners

Postby m_attt » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:08 pm

all water from a tap comes through a copper pipe, hot or cold :)
m_attt

Re: Calling all Crystal Red Shrimp Owners

Postby charliesangel » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:13 pm

:oops: doh! ok so i'm good to continue to match the temperature by using the hot tap -- cool banana plants! :D thank you
Cardinals, Cories & CRS
charliesangel

Return to Oddballs and Brackish Fish