Beeta in a bad way

A forum for all of your Betta / Siamese Fighting Fish questions...

Beeta in a bad way

Postby beetybabe » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Ive had my aquarium set up now for about 3 months, its a 80 litre tank which is heavily planted. I do 20% water change every 2 weeks and also test the water which at the moment ticks all the right boxes. Living with my sick Beeta are 3 platies, 1 golden loach, 2 tetras. My beeta has been in the tank for about a month, but over the past 2 weeks I noticed some part of his top lip was coming away and also his tail looked worn at the ends. After a vist to the local pet shop and chat with the owner I came away with Fin rot and fungas treatment, which after 5 days of using it has not really been effective. Has anyone encoutered this problem with a beeta before? And whats the best course of action?
beetybabe

Re: Beeta in a bad way

Postby Carylnz » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:22 pm

What sort of tetras? They are shoaling fish and many species will find the flowing fins irresistible. I think it possible the two have been harassing your Betta.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Re: Beeta in a bad way

Postby beetybabe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:43 pm

They are Neons, but I don't think its them, its the Platies I think have been harrassing it. I Think he needs to be on his own and hopefully may recover. Thanks for your comments.
beetybabe

Return to Bettas