Betta Tankmates?

A forum for all of your Betta / Siamese Fighting Fish questions...

Betta Tankmates?

Postby csquadqb17 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:52 am

I have a little brother who looks up to me for everything so of course, when I got a fish tank, he wanted his own. We got him a half-moon betta for his birthday and it is very happy and healthy and we have it in a 2.5 gallon tank...Do you think that we could put maybe a bottomfeeder or some other small fish in with him? My brother just always wonders if the betta is "lonely". Please help!(:
91L Nano Cube DX, making a new layout soon! 3 Zebra Danios, 2 female Swordtails, 2 Spotted Cories, 1 Clown Plec.
csquadqb17

Re: Betta Tankmates?

Postby Angel Fish » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:47 am

A 2.5 gallon isn't really big enough for anything else, especially as the Betta has been living happily in there on his own - he would have claimed the whole tank as his.
They don't really get lonely, as long as he is fed and talked to every day he should be fine :D
All the advice I give is based on my own personal 30 years of experience.
Main TT Page
Diabetes Forum
Angel Fish

Postby Rob W » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Some shrimps would make good tankmates in a tank that size, try and get adult ones though, juveniles will get scoffed.

Bettas don't get lonely, the more fish in a tank with them the more they sulk. :wink:
River Reef 48 x 2
125L Fluval
240L Fluval
Loadsa fish. And shrimps.
Rob W

Postby csquadqb17 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:24 am

Okay thanks guys. I didn't actually think he was lonely my brother just thought so because he is 6 and you know how they are haha :D
91L Nano Cube DX, making a new layout soon! 3 Zebra Danios, 2 female Swordtails, 2 Spotted Cories, 1 Clown Plec.
csquadqb17

Return to Bettas