Naughty Siamese Fighter

A forum for all of your Betta / Siamese Fighting Fish questions...

Naughty Siamese Fighter

Postby Dals » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi

I just cleaned my tank, and the siamese just attacked one of my Neon tetras and took his eye out!!! The poor thing has died and gone to fish heaven :cry:

Is this normal behaviour or just a one off? As i am thinking of taking him back to the shop if he continues this behaviour!!!!

Thanks in advance

:D
Dals

Re: Naughty Siamese Fighter

Postby Rob W » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:02 pm

It is for some unfortunately. Some are territorial to the point of xenophobia, others tolerate tankmates well. If he carries on harming his tankmates you may have no choice but to rehome him or keep him on his own, tough choice but if you don't make it he'll end up on his own eventually anyway.
River Reef 48 x 2
125L Fluval
240L Fluval
Loadsa fish. And shrimps.
Rob W

Postby Dals » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Think I will be taking him back, my poor little neon tetras don't know what to do. Mollies don't care they just carry on with their own thing!!!

What are guppies like to look after?

Thanks
Dals

Postby Dals » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 am

Another one been attacked this morning, his eye missing. Poor things, he is defo going back to the shop
Dals

Postby JamesB » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Guppies are great! I am currently breeding guppies. The problem is they will never stop breeding in a normal tank. There are some very nice colours for them as well. They are very peaceful apart from one of mine who seems to be a bit of a rogue! He just chases all the other fish round!
JamesB

Return to Bettas