New Fighter Set Up

A forum for all of your Betta / Siamese Fighting Fish questions...

New Fighter Set Up

Postby Jellypi3 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi guys, I have just set up a Fish Box 48 (48l tank) for my grandmother. I will be doing all the maintenance on it but she wants to choose the stocking, and of course when I took her to the LFS she decided she wants a fighter. So I am currently cycling the tank, and am planning on getting her a nice male when it's all cycled. However, i was just wondering, with regards to tank mates, how does a shoal of harlequins sound? She wants cory's in there, but she put gravel in so im turning her off of corys. I think harlequins are fairly peaceful, i have kept them with fighters in the past and had no issues, but only in larger tanks. Im just wondering shao size, 4/5?

Thanks for the input.
Jellypi3

Re: New Fighter Set Up

Postby Carylnz » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:34 am

Corys would be ideal in there and they are quite happy with gravel as a substrate.
Not sure harlequins would be the best choice in a tank that small. What about some cardinals? You can also get Hengeli rasboras (aka glowlight rasbora) which look like harlequins except they are smaller and the orange markings are more vivid than on the harlequins.
Cherry barbs would look nice too, especially with a blue fighter for contrast.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Return to Bettas