Help needed for feeding Baby Betta's

A forum for all of your Betta / Siamese Fighting Fish questions...

Help needed for feeding Baby Betta's

Postby johanna13 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:38 am

My female Beta gave birth to six fry , but only 3 survived.
Today is day 55 that I was aware that there were baby fry... out of the 6 born 3 made it so far...
The one Betta is 5x bigger then his siblings, ( dont know why because the they were born on the same day).
Today I took them out of the small plastic tank I had them in and put them in there new home for now.
They love there new home !!!!!!
My issue is how do I get them to start eating Betta food? I really dont want to dirty up this tank with all the food I put in there plastic one they were in that was easy to clean daily.
They are now in a cycled 29 gal tank with no other fish, and this tank would be imposable for me to clean daily as I did in the small plastic one.

Today the big blue Betta started to build a bubble nest??? Isn't that way to young for him to be thinking like that? lol
Can anyone here advise me how to get them to start eating Betta food? there almost 2 months old but two are very tiny...
Or are they still to young and need to stay on the micro worms and BBS ? how can I switch them over to Betta food?
I'm going away on the 16th of this month and no one can care for them the way I do while I'm gone.. so I need to get them to eat Betta food..... HELP !!!!Please!!

I would post a short video of them and there size but I dont know how to post that here..
johanna13

Re: Help needed for feeding Baby Betta's

Postby johanna13 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm sorry I posted in two forums.. as said I didn't see the Betta forum ....
You said you posted in this forum but I dont see the post?
johanna13

Postby Carylnz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:46 pm

No, I said I locked your other thread in the Help section so all replies will appear here :wink:
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby Angel Fish » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:35 am

It would be great to hear how you mated the Bettas - we have a few members that are interested in breeding them. Any chance you can post about how long you kept the male and female together/ if the female became aggressive etc? :mrgreen:

You could try crushing the Betta food to give them a taste for it :)
All the advice I give is based on my own personal 30 years of experience.
Main TT Page
Diabetes Forum
Angel Fish

Return to Bettas