RIP

A forum for all of your Betta / Siamese Fighting Fish questions...

RIP

Postby Rob W » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:58 pm

He fed from my hand, he entertained everyone with his antics, he came up to the glass to say hello every morning and he never raised an aggressive fin to his tankmates. However he hasn't been right for a few weeks, not eating much and lethargic, came down at 5 this morning, he came up to the glass as usual and then just passed away. Had him over 2 years and don't know how old he was when I got him but it seems that time caught up with the old fella. :(

Thought I'd post this vid again in his honour, show everyone what a character he was. Gonna miss the little guy.

River Reef 48 x 2
125L Fluval
240L Fluval
Loadsa fish. And shrimps.
Rob W

Re: RIP

Postby ChrisJ95 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Do you know what kind of betta he was? From what I saw in the video, mine looks very similar, bit I‘m clueless as to what sort he is though... You‘re right, I‘ve found mine to be very peeaceful and a real little character, wouldn‘t know what my tank would be like without him, so I‘m sorry to hear about your loss :(
ChrisJ95

Postby Carylnz » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:48 am

Getting 2 years out of a Betta is pretty standard as they are not a long lived fish. If you are using them for breeding, they do not live even that long.
Sorry about losing him.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby englishmx » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Sorry to hear that Rob :( Nice video, stunning blue colouration
Mike...
englishmx

Postby Britfish » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:42 pm

That was a beautifully coloured Betta. Never nice to lose something your fond of.
Britfish

Return to Bettas