My Juwel Rio 125

A place to talk about your tanks, latest fish or share photo's

My Juwel Rio 125

Postby Davy Jones » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 pm

I've had a busy couple of weeks setting two tanks up at home, the first is my Rio 125-

I wanted a kind of natural look with hardly any visable heater/filter parts on show. It has a Tetratec ex700 external filter so it was really just the tubes I had to hide. I dont have any fish in there yet, it's been running for a week or so now so i'll start stocking it soon. First in will be some little tetras followed in time with guppies and some catfish. I dont want anything big in there at the mo, I prefer to have lots of small fish rather than a few large ones. ( excuse the floating plant leaf, didnt notice that til after I took the pics!)

The second tank I set up is for my sons bedroom, I did post a pic in another thread but thought i'd include it here too.Its a little 19l moon pod tank. Being 9yrs old he wanted a more in your face look to his tank!
He had his heart set on a siamese fighting fish until we found a local shop selling dragon fighting fish. I had never seen one before but they look fantastic! His tank is ready for its first fish so we're off shopping tomorrow :D

What do you think?

DJ
Juwel Trigon 190-

2 Midnight Angels
2 Dwarf Gourami
1 Clown Plec
Davy Jones

Re: My Juwel Rio 125

Postby Carylnz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:39 pm

I'm sorry but that floating leaf totally ruins it for me! :rofl:
Actually, I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it. :mrgreen: That tank will look good once the plants have become established and grown out more.
I'm like you, I prefer lots of smaller shoaling fish to a few larger species.
The dragon fighting fish is a Siamese fighting fish. The dragon bit refers to the metallic colouring. The fuller the metallic colouration is over the body (and over the face - known as the mask), the better quality it is. Dragons come in all finnage varieties, with most popular being Half Moon.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby Davy Jones » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:24 am

Carylnz wrote:The dragon fighting fish is a Siamese fighting fish. The dragon bit refers to the metallic colouring.

Yea I should have said that, they were all in the same line of tanks so I knew they were the same aside from the colouring. The metalic bodies were so bright and colourful, a normal fighter looks fantastic but these were something else!

Thanks for your comments :wink:
Juwel Trigon 190-

2 Midnight Angels
2 Dwarf Gourami
1 Clown Plec
Davy Jones

Postby pandacory » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I like the look of both tanks. Just remember Beta's don't like a lot of water movement.
stuart

planted tank
3 oto's
6 lemon tetra
6silvertip tetra

marine setup fowlr
volitan lionfish
lemonpeel angel
crimson hawkfish
pajama cardinal

http://www.wix.com/tismeffs/sgaquariumcleaningservices
pandacory

Postby Davy Jones » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:16 pm

We've actually changed the original idea now, i've been busy setting up a larger tank for the Fighter we bought. The 19l is a bit too small so he's moving into a 65l shortly. It only has a small filter in there so water movement wont be huge, he has lots of plants and places to hide so hopefully he'll be happy.
Juwel Trigon 190-

2 Midnight Angels
2 Dwarf Gourami
1 Clown Plec
Davy Jones

Return to Tank Talk