torpedo barb with discus

A place to talk about your tanks, latest fish or share photo's

torpedo barb with discus

Postby steve008 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi,
has anyone ever kept torpedo barbs with discus, some views are not to keep them together others different, my concern is temperature have a 180 litre tank which they are currently in is 72 degrees have had these fish for 4 years now they look amazing and have grown large, my 300 litre is kept at 80 degrees, would that be to high for these fish, and the sudden temperature would perhaps be a bit to much any advice much appreciated thanks
steve008

Re: torpedo barb with discus

Postby Rockfish » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi,

I would say that it would be difficult to find a good compromise on temperature for them, given that the discus like the high end of tropical and the torpedo barbs thrive at the lower end.

80'F is on the lower end of usual discus temperatures, but even if the barbs were ok with that, I would still question whether fast active barbs are the best companions for discus.
Sean

Remember there's lots of info at The Tropical Tank main site!
Rockfish
Site Admin

Postby steve008 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:17 pm

Rockfish wrote:Hi,

I would say that it would be difficult to find a good compromise on temperature for them, given that the discus like the high end of tropical and the torpedo barbs thrive at the lower end.

80'F is on the lower end of usual discus temperatures, but even if the barbs were ok with that, I would still question whether fast active barbs are the best companions for discus.

hi,
thanks for advice :santa:
steve008

Postby Carylnz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:09 am

Torpedo barbs also need a larger tank than that or they hit the ends.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Return to Tank Talk