petition

A place to talk about your tanks, latest fish or share photo's

Postby free » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:36 pm

i9's an online petition, just click on the link and it will take you straight there :) i know it's pretty basic, but the idea is to generate real interest in the problem and hopefully some whitehall mandarin will do something about it.
EDITED to add: the link is on the 1st page :lol:

rod
war is Gods way of teaching Americans geography. A Bierce
trigon 350
6 angels-1 bulldog plec-3 corys- red finned shark-2 pakistan loach-1 nutcase catfish-10 cardinal tetra-6 pristella tetra-10 tiger barbs-2 golden barbs 2 gold gourami
free

Postby chaoz » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:37 pm

yeah i clicked on the link and saw no real information over what was happening in the real world.

i aint being funny but if you want to plead a case with government imo some facts may help just think an explanation may help you plaed a well deserved case.
Unofficial TTT fish rehomer :)

im just a clown loach addict!!!

chaoz

Postby free » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:26 pm

whatever the wording, i think the government should do something about the lack of training in this field. i never professed to be an expert petition writer, however, i don't see you or anyone else out there doing something about it. if you think i am barking up the wrong tree, why not write another with the wording the way you want to see it? the way i look at it, it may not be the best way to word a petition, but at least i am trying to do something about it which is more than i can say about you or anyone else whos supposedly cares about fish keeping. of the more than 500 people who have looked at this post, there are only 17 signatures. i notice you didn't add yours. instead of sitting on the fence like so many others, why not add your name, if everyone added their name, at least the powers that be will /may look at the problem in greater depth. choosing your path will lead to absolutely nothing. you may not agree with the wording, but by ignoring it completely you are just prolonging the situation. start another petition and i will gladly sign it.
i have noticed your comments about "wrong" info given by people on this site, just because it doesn't go with what you believe it doesn't mean it is wrong. and, to make matters worse, you went off the deep end only because you had not read the thread from start to finish. get off your high horse and actually do something about it instead of just criticising those of us who want to help.

Rod.
trigon 350
6 angels-1 bulldog plec-3 corys- red finned shark-2 pakistan loach-1 nutcase catfish-10 cardinal tetra-6 pristella tetra-10 tiger barbs-2 golden barbs 2 gold gourami
free

Postby chaoz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:32 pm

no no no no no i fully agree with what your doing and tbh i damm well admire you for it !!!

ive not signed it as of yet as i wanted more info which was why i asked.

i fully agree that theres alot of lfs out there miss-selling fish i was merely askin what info you are going to supply to our wonderfull government and what facts you have to argue your case?

im in full agreeance with you only have to look at the fish ive took in too see that.

i was just curious what imformation you have to throw in there faces to make them actually get off there ass polished chairs and actually listen.

by no means was i trying to knock what you are doing anything i can do to help i will gladly do was more curiosity than anything
Unofficial TTT fish rehomer :)

im just a clown loach addict!!!

chaoz

Postby alip01 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:31 pm

i think that the times viewed is how many times the thread has been looked at in total. well that's my understanding at least. :?
alip01

Postby Angel Fish » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:33 pm

You're right Alistair, the number of views is for the thread. I've checked through the thread a number of times.....it's my job :wink:
All the advice I give is based on my own personal 30 years of experience.
Main TT Page
Diabetes Forum
Angel Fish

Postby markee » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:59 am

i must admit i've probably looked at the thread about 10-15 times :lol:
markee

Postby alip01 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:08 am

:lol: me to :wink:
alip01

Postby markee » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:28 am

oooops, viewed it again :lol: thats the problem, everytime it shows as a new post people will go to view the post which then pushes the 'viewed' count up
markee

Postby Angel Fish » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:52 am

:lol:

Exactly what I've just done.
All the advice I give is based on my own personal 30 years of experience.
Main TT Page
Diabetes Forum
Angel Fish

Postby alip01 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:18 pm

and me :lol:
alip01

Postby free » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:25 pm

ok, ok. so instead of 500 people it is probably around 100 - 150, my point remains. there are only 17 people on here who were bothered enough to add their name.
:|
trigon 350
free

Postby estgeorge » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:31 pm

Put me down for a couple of dozen viewings... i look every time i see someone has posted! :oops:
:D I have signed though! :wink:
Mark
estgeorge

Postby alip01 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:38 pm

:lol: yep same, I tend to look at a thread every time there is a new post, so that I can learn more, and add to anything already said :wink: So there may not even be 100... if we've all looked so many times :oops: Having seen the figures, and doing some maths (my head hurts now :lol: ) 666 views / 28 posts, makes 23.75, which may well mean that there aren't so many people that have looked at the thread :(
alip01

Postby gemma0303 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:05 am

signed :D totally agree with this on as i was sold 4 pagurs catfish :shock: wasn't told how big they grow, but unfortantlly all of them eventally died, but been bck to the "lfs" and seen 2 of them about a ft long in about a 3ft tank :shock: :shock:
same as i wasn't told about my plec hows already 7in long and still growing :shock: but i will rehome him in a lovley big tank for him as its "still" in the making!
gemma0303

PreviousNext

Return to Tank Talk