new fish

A place to talk about your tanks, latest fish or share photo's

new fish

Postby krekra » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:23 pm

OK so I went to get some supplies for my new plant prgram and I couldnt stop myself. My plan is to eventually move the 2 danios from the upstairs tank back to the 29 when things are a bit more mature. Then I was going to move the clown plec and ram from the 12 to the upstairs bigger tank and get rid of the 12 altogether and get ready to replace my floors and then get a 75 once the new floors were in place. The ram is sort of an extra. Someone gave him to me and I got the 20 long upstairs just for him cause I didnt think the 12 was big enough and I dont have room in any of the other tanks for him. I was going to wait and get him a girlfriend when the upstairs tank was a little more mature and ready for them. Well I couldnt wait cause they had some lovely rams and I got my little boy ram a girlfriend. He is quite smitten and is following her all around. I gave them some live brine shrimp and he actually got some and brought them down to where she is hiding and spit them out at her!! She is just a little young one so hopefully they will get along well. :mrgreen:
Karena

Just because you can doesnt always mean you should!
krekra

Postby Angel Fish » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:50 pm

Awwwww, that's so sweet. I love Rams but have never had any success with them :?
All the advice I give is based on my own personal 30 years of experience.
Main TT Page
Diabetes Forum
Angel Fish

Postby krekra » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:27 am

I had apair in my 29 that were doing great. I had them for about 6 months and they had bred and then I had a poweroutage that lasted 3 days in the dead of a nasty winter and couldnt keep the tanks warm.....everyone of them died. I have had the one now for a while so am going to give the pair thing another go. :lol:
Karena

Just because you can doesnt always mean you should!
krekra

Postby Apistogramma » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:54 pm

Aww Krekra that's great! hehe - I love my pair! They're so full of life and have such a great character! It took me six months to find them though!
Becky

*Aimlessly drives around in the steam roller with Karena's now fairly blunt scissors...and Lisa's hedge trimmer*

Apistogramma

Return to Tank Talk