Very, very cross with lfs

A place to talk about your tanks, latest fish or share photo's

Very, very cross with lfs

Postby Apistogramma » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:55 am

Hiya, I need to rant!!

Some of you know that my local Pets and Home was flooded recently and is now shut down (for at least the next few months). A while ago I went into my other local store, *** ****, and found that their discus (which I often go to gawp at) had both finrot and HITH. I kicked up a big stink about it, talking to the manager and emailing to let them know they had to do something the day before yesterday to save the fish. Honestly they were such an apalling mess!!!
Today I went back into *** **** to look for a Bristlenose and found to my horror that they've had massive fish losses over the last week due to their increasingly bad water quality. I saw the discus tanks, all three now empty, with a big reduced sign stuck on it! Rather than try and treat the fish they tried to sell them off quick before they all died instead!!! In a corner I found the remainder of the discus stock all squashed into one tank looking terribly ill. One 5" fish has what looks like ulcers covering the entire left side of its body.
Needless to say I left my wallet in my pocket and hightailed it out of there. I'm totally and utterly apalled. If they'd listened and done something before the fish could have been saved - now it is obvious they are all going to die although how long they will have to suffer goodness only knows. :cry:

*edited* to remove private LFS name.....name and shame opens the admins up to legal ramifications.-K
Becky

*Aimlessly drives around in the steam roller with Karena's now fairly blunt scissors...and Lisa's hedge trimmer*

Apistogramma

ranting

Postby wulliebad » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:50 pm

Hey, This is a great place to have a good old rant!!!!!...I no longer ask my local lfs anything about fish...all they want is your pounds out of your wallet....when i first got the puffer fish i asked alot of lfs what can i keep with them and you would be shocked how many said oh keep them well fed and they wont bother the other fish, you can put loads of fish in with them. I know this aint all lfs but so many just dont care about the fish once they get your money. :|
wulliebad

Postby digger » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:15 pm

theres one lfs where we used to go to get alot of fish and stuff . went in and bought a couple of zebra cats by tha next day half my tank was sick with ick it took weeks to get rid of the ick went back to the store to mention it to them and they said we dont sell sick fish but shocklingly enough we went a couple days later to purchase more ick medicine and they were sold out coincidence i dont think so .we spend a couple of hundred a month on fish food , plants etc we wont go there anymore.
24 in-36in-6 ft
2 - jaguar cichlids 2 plecs

18 in - 24 in 42 in
4 comets 1 albino corys 2 pirannah tetras 2 bronze corys

24 in - 24 in- 36 in
2 comet 2 blood parrots 1 bristle nose3 albino corys 2 bronze corys 1 pepper cory

Angie
digger

Re: Very, very cross with lfs

Postby Apistogramma » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:09 pm

Apistogramma wrote:*edited* to remove private LFS name.....name and shame opens the admins up to legal ramifications.-K

Sorry! I didn't know that, will remember it in future.
Becky

*Aimlessly drives around in the steam roller with Karena's now fairly blunt scissors...and Lisa's hedge trimmer*

Apistogramma

Return to Tank Talk