Most embaressing fishkeeping moment

A place to talk about your tanks, latest fish or share photo's

Postby David » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:58 am

then theres forgetting to look at how full that bucket your syphoning is going into is...

I have done that countless times! :oops:
David

Postby Carylnz » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:02 pm

I have done so many stupid things over the years I am no longer embarrassed by them :lol:
Carylnz

Postby debbbydoo » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:06 pm

One day I was feeding my fish and my clown knife decided to jump out!! Just imagine a 22" fish flying through the air!!! He landed splat on the leather couch next to the tank. I scooped him up and put him back in the tank. For a few minutes he just sort of sank to the bottom of the tank, then started swimming around like nothing happened.
debbbydoo

Postby hippiepunk1 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:04 am

i once burnt a 12" strip out of a virtually brand new carpet when strip cleaning a tank that got contaminated with half a bottle of red wine. i thought id turned the heater off and laid it on the carpet, stripped the tank down cleaned everything and then went to bed. came down in morning to a hole and light brown burn mark on the floorboards....wife at time not happy. id unplugged the lights for the tank above by mistake.
hippiepunk1

Postby krekra » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:25 am

hippiepunk1 wrote:i once burnt a 12" strip out of a virtually brand new carpet when strip cleaning a tank that got contaminated with half a bottle of red wine. i thought id turned the heater off and laid it on the carpet, stripped the tank down cleaned everything and then went to bed. came down in morning to a hole and light brown burn mark on the floorboards....wife at time not happy. id unplugged the lights for the tank above by mistake.

YIKES!!!!!
Karena

Just because you can doesnt always mean you should!
krekra

Postby guppylove » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:46 pm

did water change in lunch hour went back to work when got home water had got into electrics total blackout !!!!!
guppylove

Postby Apistogramma » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:29 pm

*Rolls around laughing on the floor again*

I had a very interesting experience with a plaice at a sea life center. There was an open tank of plaice about waist height...I was fascinated by them...I'm fascinated by any creature really...anyway all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, a plaice launched itself out of the tank and landed on my chest. Slippery thing...I didn't manage to catch it and all the other people in the vicinity formed a little circle and stood staring at it like a bunch of idiots!! I didn't want to touch it because I know it can damage their skin so I used my fleece to pick it and put it back in its' tank. Of course my fleece dried all white and salty...hehe...oh and I've never eaten plaice again! I like them too much!
Becky

*Aimlessly drives around in the steam roller with Karena's now fairly blunt scissors...and Lisa's hedge trimmer*

Apistogramma

Postby fishkeeper » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:12 am

I was using my python gravel vacuum and had the end of the hose running out the back door . I needed to reach another half a foot to the other side of the tank and tugged on the hose . At the end of it all the hose came back in the back door and all the messy gravel water was on the kitchen floor . :evil:
fishkeeper

Postby dw » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:49 pm

Lol unlucky fishkeeper!

I forgot about this thread, but I had my worst moment 2 days ago. Got home with a new 42" lighting tube, set it on the sofa and then about 2mins later managed to forget it was there and sat on it :evil:
Andy
dw

Postby fishkeeper » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:57 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... That would make me so mad . I have 4 kids so I always have to be on top of those things . I hate it when im not .
fishkeeper

Postby Apistogramma » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:49 pm

dw wrote:Lol unlucky fishkeeper!

I forgot about this thread, but I had my worst moment 2 days ago. Got home with a new 42" lighting tube, set it on the sofa and then about 2mins later managed to forget it was there and sat on it :evil:

AAAAGH! That's just not fair!!
Becky

*Aimlessly drives around in the steam roller with Karena's now fairly blunt scissors...and Lisa's hedge trimmer*

Apistogramma

Postby dw » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:53 pm

Went and bought another one today, managed to even get it onto the tank in one piece this time :D
Andy
dw

Postby gbk » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:15 am

I was setting up a new tank and to see if it was level, put my spirit level up to the water line......

....I was very happy when it was dead straight.
gbk

Postby Apistogramma » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:41 pm

gbk wrote:I was setting up a new tank and to see if it was level, put my spirit level up to the water line......

....I was very happy when it was dead straight.

It took a moment for that to sink in...and then I started laughing so hard my tea kind of almost went...well everywhere!
Becky

Apistogramma

Postby JackPike67 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:04 am

'last time i was at an LFS., He asked ME if neons were part of the Tetra Family
We love our pets because they are somehow like ourselves,
only with more innocence and trust.
-unknown
JackPike67

PreviousNext

Return to Tank Talk