My pond in winter

A cool new area of The Tropical Tank forum for coldwater fish and aquaria, and outdoor ponds.

Postby chaoz » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:57 am

krekra wrote:Well even though it is winter and the pond is frozen I have to say that it looks well settled in. Like it has been there years!!

Thanks for the update. I really want a pond but I am such a slope that I think it would be really difficult. Esp with all the tree roots in my yard.

hmmmmm there has got to be a place I can do it......

dont dig down then build up! no reason why you cant have a pond :D
Unofficial TTT fish rehomer :)

im just a clown loach addict!!!

Postby velma » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:34 pm

:mrgreen: ......I,ve just got a tropical tank and just joined this forum but I've had two ponds for 14 years :D As long as you dont interfere too much, cold ponds will look after themselves...I've got newts and frogs as well as my fish and they came without human intervention...and I never break the ice.....!

Postby Apistogramma » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:26 am

Newts and frogs as well as fish...sounds like you need another pond without fish so that they can spawn and you can have baby newtets and froglets...

*Aimlessly drives around in the steam roller with Karena's now fairly blunt scissors...and Lisa's hedge trimmer*

Postby keviinpiter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:26 pm

It is a narrow terrace house built in 1892. Most of the rooms are thirteen feet wide and is well above the average South East of England. A double bedroom on a comparable new building would be 10 feet or eleven feet square, and we are more like fourteen feet square.

Return to Coldwater Fish & Ponds