poor blackmoor

A cool new area of The Tropical Tank forum for coldwater fish and aquaria, and outdoor ponds.

poor blackmoor

Postby gillian » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi caralynz helped me last time but i think there is more to this ,after constipation ,had to seperate to give peas,now my poor chappy loosing colour (showing signs of orangy/ brown and silver where he is normally black.Just noticed stringy poo :?: just feeding goldfish flake now.
gillian

Re: poor blackmoor

Postby Carylnz » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Black moors these days tend to be of poorer quality than in "ye olde days" and as they grow they will lose their jet black colour and be more a bronze tint.
What colour is the stringy poo? Do a Google search of (insert colour here) stringy poo and you will get plenty of information. Different colours denote different problems. White can be stress or bacterial, red can be camellanus worms.
Moors do long poos anyway and they can hang off the body for a long time. They will also change colour depending on the foods being fed - ie orange if colour enhanced red flakes, green if a lot of spirulina etc.
Moors and other short bodied fancy goldfish are really very poor specimens, health-wise, due to the inbreeding needed to produce such stunted types and they are prone to all sorts of digestive problems.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby gillian » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks yet again,as you say I thought it might be stress-from when I had to take him out of the tank to feed him peas.WOW as you say not so simple keeping fish as I remember keeping fisah when I was younger (35yrs ago) :innocent: it was not so problematical now you need to be a water controler :rofl:
gillian

Postby ady » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:22 pm

i have a black moor and can confirm that he/she has developed a orangey tinge on their abdomen as they have grown larger.still healthy and swimming around without a care in the world. :)
humans are the only race,with the intelligence to save the earth...shame we have the ignorance to ignore the salvation!!!!!
ady

Return to Coldwater Fish & Ponds