WHY!!!!!!!!!

A cool new area of The Tropical Tank forum for coldwater fish and aquaria, and outdoor ponds.

WHY!!!!!!!!!

Postby Carolann » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:58 am

Firstly I should say hello this is my 1st post on this forum.

I have been looking after my neighbours goldfish whilst they ( neighbours) have had to suffer 2wks Honeymoon in the Maldives, all has gone ok, no deaths or calamities till, today. Yesterday I cleaned fish out, put them back in their huge Brandy glass fish bowl fed them and left 2 happy little fish swimming round.
This morning I went in to feed them I could only see 1 fish ,Panic, took bowl back into kitchen took fish out and emptied water shells etc into sink, still no 2nd fish.
I then checked under the table on the chairs still no fish Panic Panic How far can 1 small fish get ,I dont know I still cant find it.
So I then decided to refill bowl and put remaining fish back in, picked up Brandy glass bowl which promptly cracked and sliced my finger, air now blue.
Jumped in car shot off down to daughters to borrow her spare fish bowl, couldnt find it, she has got rid of it, so come back home find large bowl in my cupboard, go back round to neighbours put fish and its belongings into bowl, put back on table. Look at my watch its 9.30 I have a feeling this is going to be a long day.

I have decided fish are nasty little things , why wait for a whole month before committing suicide and jumping out the bowl or what ever it did. :twisted:

I need a cup of tea.

Oh and my own Tropical fish had their first babies last night (guppies) got 2 babies left rest of fish had a late supper. Nasty little things. Off to get one of the breeding net things.
Carolann

Re: WHY!!!!!!!!!

Postby Carylnz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:22 pm

Oh dear oh dear! First, I would like to congratulate you for managing to keep 2 goldfish alive in a totally unsuitable container!! Goldfish should NEVER be kept (especially 2 of them) in a brandy glass or bowl. If one died, whatever the cause, it was obviously not your fault.

As for your tropicals, fish see everything as food, this includes their fry. Be grateful they ate all but two or you would be quickly over-run by guppies! :wink:
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Re: WHY!!!!!!!!!

Postby markee » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:31 pm

note to self...........never ask Carolann to look after my fish whilst i'm away :cheeky:

Did you ever find the other goldfish?
markee

Return to Coldwater Fish & Ponds