Water feature.

A cool new area of The Tropical Tank forum for coldwater fish and aquaria, and outdoor ponds.

Water feature.

Postby Carolann » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Bought a water feature last weekend it is 2 half wooden barrels 1 slightly smaller than the other fastened on top of each other with an old fashioned pump handle in the top barrel they are both fully lined with thick rubber type material there is a pump in the bottom barrel that uplifts to the top barrel then it overflows to the bottom barrel, so when the weather finally improves I am going to get a couple of goldfish for the bottom barrel, will also put a couple small oxygenating plants in, hopefully it is the answer to not having a pond, we are at present living in a rented house. So when we move we can take it with us.I have always had a pond when we had or own house and hopefully when the housing market settles down we might buy again then I could have another but until then this will hopefully provide the effect. :D :D
Carolann

Re: Water feature.

Postby Carylnz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:42 am

They can look really nice and a good idea if you have to move. Give us a pic when you have it up and running.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Return to Coldwater Fish & Ponds