sons goldfish getting too big

A cool new area of The Tropical Tank forum for coldwater fish and aquaria, and outdoor ponds.

Goldie is in a pond now!!!

Postby tinasmith1971 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi everyone! I guess I should have updated this a while back. Good news and bad. The snail didn't make it BUT Goldie is now living in a 5x7x4 pond in our backyard. We spent the fall building it and just made it shortly before the cold weather hit.
I had bought two smaller goldfish to keep Goldie company but they didn't make it. The were your typical 25 cent goldfish and pretty small so the cold just got the better of them.
Goldie is doing great!!!!!! The pond has frozen over several times since Thanksgiving (even with a bubbler going) I just go out and open a hole in the ice.
As soon as spring comes and I can get the filter back in and get the waterfall going I'll post pics. I'm just so happy Goldie has survived the hardest part of the winter. Now I just have to watch the stray cats that have taken a liking to drinking out of the pond. Not sure if they know what the flash of gold and white is that swims by them as they lap up the water. LOL
30 gallon tank -Moms Tanks
1 blue gourami
4 blood barbs
1 dwarf frog
1 plecko

30 gallon tank- Sons Tank
1 very happy Puffer fish
tinasmith1971

Postby Carylnz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:53 pm

What good news to hear after so long! 8)
I was a little confused about these threads until I realised kenviinpiter had resurrected some threads that were several years old :lol:
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Previous

Return to Coldwater Fish & Ponds