fluval 2 plus

New to fishkeeping? This is the place to find out whatever you need to know!

fluval 2 plus

Postby jdt28 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi
Does anyone have any ideas for what can be used inside this type of filter(fluval 2 plus) instead of having to keep buying Polyester pads? Any ideas welcome
jdt28

Re: fluval 2 plus

Postby Gilian » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:49 pm

This may or may not help. I bought a large polyester pad for outside pond filters and cut it to size for my internal filter. I don't know the fluval hence the ambiguity on whether this will help you. The large pad was only £10 and measured approx 2 foot square. ( from maidenhead aquatics).
Gilian

Re: fluval 2 plus

Postby ady » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:01 pm

i only use the pond filter stuff aswell..saves loads of dosh and last for ages.it's in my 2 + and forms 50 % of the media in my 405 canister...works a treat.no throwing away of media means money saved and bacteria stocks kept up...if you are going to put this in your filter,seed it with the old media by squeezing it into a bowl with some tank water.then let new stuff soak up some of the crud...

i got my sponge form swallow aqautics but all shops should stock it.available in different grades.i use the semi fine green sponge..

good luck
humans are the only race,with the intelligence to save the earth...shame we have the ignorance to ignore the salvation!!!!!
ady

Return to Beginners