white dots on the bog wood

New to fishkeeping? This is the place to find out whatever you need to know!

white dots on the bog wood

Postby caroline » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi everyone,

can anyone tell me what the small white dots on my bog wood might be? there are two small groups totaling about 18 spots , im not sure if they could be eggs of some kind of fungus.

Also i noticed my water has a kind of milkyness to it. I did my water change as usual and although less ,it still looks a little milky I would also say it looks like it has dust in it? does this make any sence, all the fish still seem happy.

thanks.
caroline

Re: white dots on the bog wood

Postby Carylnz » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Milkiness in the water can be common as a tank establishes itself and it ought to clear on its own.
White dots on wood. What sort of white dots? Could be a fungus growing, or could be eggs. Anything appearing to be looking after them? What fish are in there?
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby caroline » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:14 pm

I would have thought my tank would be considered 'establushed'.although I'm new to fishkeeping , the whole tank and contents was addopted from doneone who could no longer look after it so has been going for a long time. We have added to the contents since though in the form of fish plants and bog wood.
The fish are, 1plec , 1 cae , 2 cherry barbs, 2 mollya 2 guppies 4 corydoras,5scissortails 9 Terra 1 ruby shark 4 adult platy 3 juvanile plagu 4 baby platy and rising! We also have 2 snails,brown with black stripes.nothing seems to be taking interest in the mysterious dots.they seem regularly spaced maybe slightly oval farther than round.I hope its nothing nasty , we also have developed some stringy alfre ,but I scrub the sides when I water change and try to keep everything clean.my husband does like to feed them though .
caroline

Postby caroline » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Goodness! Just read my own post! Sorry for all the typis :oops: that's what you get for trying to do this from a phone!
caroline

Return to Beginners