feeding

New to fishkeeping? This is the place to find out whatever you need to know!

feeding

Postby charl89 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:24 pm

how often should i feed my fish? there are a few live plants which they all seem to graze on. is it once a day or every other day.
charl89

Re: feeding

Postby wilfy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:05 pm

i feed once a day ,same time in the morning ,fish soon learn when feeding time is,they will also try and get you to feed more, by coming to the top when anyone goes near the tank ,BUGGERS,some feed more ,it boils down to prefrence,,as long as you dont overfeed,,i feed frozen food 2 times a week, weds/sundays,and 1 day a week i dont feed at all.this workes for me ,but might not for others,think its best to do what is most convenient for you ,and will not harm your fish,sometimes work comitments can meen feeding a set time,spend time to watch them feed ,feed a little at a time ,when its all been eaten feed a little more ,dont put loads of food in the tank thiking it will all get eaten ,once its in there you carnt get it out,,hope this helps. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
wilfy

Re: feeding

Postby charl89 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:17 pm

sure does thanks, i have frozen food from my marines so i a guessing that is fine to us, myris and something else cant remember now.
i have currently been feeding them every other day so i dont try and cause an over feeding problem as they all seems quiet happy munching on the plants.
charl89

Return to Beginners