new tank guide from PFK mag

New to fishkeeping? This is the place to find out whatever you need to know!

new tank guide from PFK mag

Postby ady » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:32 pm

this months practical fish keeping magazine has a "new tank"guide free with it..also a big bag of cichlid pellets free...

covers all the basics,ideal for newbies 8) 8)

posted on dec 2012

just thought i'd let people know,maybe guests of TTT reading up before purchasing a new tank would benefit..

:snowman:
humans are the only race,with the intelligence to save the earth...shame we have the ignorance to ignore the salvation!!!!!
ady

Re: new tank guide from PFK mag

Postby ady » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:28 pm

i've just read thru the entire guide,excellent and ideal for the 1st time keeper.....even got a simple to understand guide to the nitrogen cycle.....

loads of tips....tank set up guide.....suggestions for easy care plants and fish.....well worth a punt if you just starting out...and it's definatley going in my fish info file

:santa: :snowman: :balloons:
humans are the only race,with the intelligence to save the earth...shame we have the ignorance to ignore the salvation!!!!!
ady

Postby markee » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Good shout Ady, i shall be on the look out for it tomorrow (free fish food), it's getting harder to find around my neck of the woods as my local Tesco don't stock it anymore :cry:

I have thought many times about taking out a subscription but it's the thought of shelling out £60 in one go, especially as i don't buy it every month, i'm also waiting for the subscription offer i can't refuse (been tempted a few times by tank offers lol)
markee

Postby ady » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:19 pm

i got mine at the dreaded PAH.....there's a subscription offer too.....

13 issues for 47.97 and get a fluval U2 filter free......bargain.......

the food is aqaurian cichlid floating pellets.....71g bag aswell........keep ya chichlids in grub for awhile wouldnt it ??

i should be on a commision!!...roll up ,roll up get ya PFK mag here :rofl:

:snowman: :santa:
ady

Postby markee » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:51 am

Got it from WHSmiths today, it didn't have the free food with it though, it had 2 sachets of Stress Coat! The subscription offer is ok but that's where i keep holding out, the price is ok but the U2 is no good for me, it's too big for my fry tank & way too small for my other tanks (even to use as a back filter). So i'll wait & see what next months offer is & so on & so on & then i never end up subscribing :lol:
markee

Postby ady » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:07 am

it looks like the food is on the PAH exclusive mags...

my copy has been well read already..cut out all the good bits and put em in my info file 8)

also markee as you a cichlid fan what do you think of those midas cichlids form lake xilao...i reckon the amarillo are gorgeous fish......
ady

Postby markee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:57 am

They had one at my local MA the other day (i was on the hunt for Altolamprologus calvus) & it was stunning, looked lonely by itself but it is a tad aggressive :lol: Not sure if they will be able to rehome it as it looked fully grown.............................................if only i had the space :lol:
markee

Postby ady » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Wish I had the room too..the markings are gorgeous.
The thick lip wasn't my cup of tea but if I had the money and space
I'd build a biotope for them in a big tank
ady

Return to Beginners