Advice on Baby Albino Corys Please....

New to fishkeeping? This is the place to find out whatever you need to know!

Advice on Baby Albino Corys Please....

Postby Plug » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi I'm a beginner tropical keeper of only 1 year & would much appreciate some expert advice please.

I have a 3ft Juwel Rekord ( about 120ltr I think ) which has been set up for just over a year now. It has real plants, a large bogwood, some rocks & half a plant pot to sleep/hide in & a gravel bottom which has woodlice kind of things living in it( think they came from my pond off the plants ) they're harmless & get eaten by my corys every so often:
Through trial & error I have lost a few fish & a couple of Cherry shrimp along the way ( feel very guilty ). Think I was a bit hasty stocking tank at the beginning.
3 Albino Corys ( just lost one sadly :( )
6 Rummy Nose Tetras
4 Cardinals
4 White Cloud Minnows
2 Guppys
1 Amano shrimp
Did have 3 Adult Cherry Shrimps but now have loads as they keep having babies, so have about 30 ish babies now :shock:
& an army of red rams horn snails.
Also just looked in the top of my filter to adjust heater & found a few more tiny cherry shrimps. I thought the fish were suppose to eat baby shrimps :?

Before I lost my albino cory female she layed loads of eggs, out of which 6 have survived. They are about 1.5cm long now, but are in a separate tank (unheated). Does anyone know if or when I can add them to my larger tropical tank, which is only 2 degrees warmer (24 degrees). I have them in shallower water so didn't know if it would tire them out in the big tank.
I also have a smaller tank with 3 fancy goldfish & wondered if ( when the corys get big enough) could 3 go in with them. The temp holds at around 22 degrees same as what babies are at now.

Any advice would be Great
Many Thanks :D
Plug

Re: Advice on Baby Albino Corys Please....

Postby Carylnz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:01 pm

I don't know what shrimp eat but I would think you can add the albinos to the main tank now, not the goldfish tank. They would do a lot better and grow faster if they were in warmer water. 22C is at the bottom of their comfort zone.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Re: Advice on Baby Albino Corys Please....

Postby Plug » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:51 am

Ok, thanks.
I'm going to add them to the tank some time this week.
Hopefully they'll be ok :)
Plug

Return to Beginners