Tank cycle update

New to fishkeeping? This is the place to find out whatever you need to know!

Postby markee » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:56 am

Aiyana's Dad wrote:Id love to see some pics of them, its always interesting to see what other people's thoughts & ideas are!

Of my tanks?
markee

Postby Aiyana's Dad » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Yes :D
Aiyana's Dad

Postby markee » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:37 pm

These are of my Malawi mbuna tank

These are of my Blockhead cichlid tank no Blockheads as yet tho :cry:
markee

Postby Aiyana's Dad » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:49 pm

Wow!! Without sounding like a total **** they look really good, the one u got cycling at the mo looks great, and will look beta still with some little fishy friends in there. How long you been doing this fish keeping business?
Aiyana's Dad

Postby markee » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:27 pm

On & off about 12 years, started off with coldwater, moved onto tropical community & now cichlids. I nearly gave up on the hobby earlier on in the year, i had my mbuna tank up for sale on ebay but had a change of heart, caught the bug again & recently bought the other tank for Blockheads. What i like best about the hobby is that no matter how experienced you are there is always something new to learn :wink:

Thanks for comment btw :wink: have you got any pics of your tank?
markee

Postby Aiyana's Dad » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:54 pm

None taken as yet, but will get round to it soon I hope.
We purchased a little gold goldfish tank thingy 4 our little girl (18 month old), she loves fish......or to use her words...... ish ish ish, just to keep a little gold fish for her, but when we went back to our local lfs to buy the goldfish they where having an end of line clearout.
So aswell as buying a 95p goldfish we ended up buying a new 200 ltr fluval tank with stand, heater, plants, 205 external filter, and a few other bits and bobs thrown in for £199.00, which I didnt think was bad. What do u reckon? :D
Aiyana's Dad

Postby Apistogramma » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:55 pm

Wow...not bad at all... :D
Becky

*Aimlessly drives around in the steam roller with Karena's now fairly blunt scissors...and Lisa's hedge trimmer*

Apistogramma

Postby Aiyana's Dad » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:58 pm

Oh good, I thought u were gonna say I'd been ripped!! :wink:
thanx Becky
Aiyana's Dad

Postby Apistogramma » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:00 pm

Not when it comes all in one and brand new! I paid around £200 for my 250l Jewel set-up including petrol to collect it...(it has had one owner previously)
Becky

*Aimlessly drives around in the steam roller with Karena's now fairly blunt scissors...and Lisa's hedge trimmer*

Apistogramma

Postby Aiyana's Dad » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:06 pm

Now thats a good buy.......Like I'd now one if It smacked me in the face :lol:
I'll have to go some to have as many as you thou eh? :)
Aiyana's Dad

Postby Apistogramma » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:07 pm

Hehe...give me a few years and I'll really have a few tanks! I'm currently trying to persuade my Dad to let me get another 240l tank and I'm keeping an eye out for one I can afford in the meantime!
Becky

Apistogramma

Postby markee » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:10 pm

Aiyana's Dad wrote:None taken as yet, but will get round to it soon I hope.
We purchased a little gold goldfish tank thingy 4 our little girl (18 month old), she loves fish......or to use her words...... ish ish ish, just to keep a little gold fish for her, but when we went back to our local lfs to buy the goldfish they where having an end of line clearout.
So aswell as buying a 95p goldfish we ended up buying a new 200 ltr fluval tank with stand, heater, plants, 205 external filter, and a few other bits and bobs thrown in for £199.00, which I didnt think was bad. What do u reckon? :D

Thats a good price for new, the filter alone retails for £50-60 & its a good size tank to start with, especially when you change from coldwater to tropical :wink:
Its amazing what people do when they go into lfs, i went into mine for some fish food for my community tank & came out with a new tank (my mbuna one)! most expensive fish food i've ever bought :lol:
markee

Postby Apistogramma » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:12 pm

One day I'll be earning and I'm going to save up until I can do that! Then I might get a malawi set-up...I love my Dwarf cichlids - they're here to stay forever and I'd like another community tank with a pair of angels as centrepiece and then I want a couple of artaquariums...I could do with another spare for grow-out for juveniles as well.
Becky

Apistogramma

Postby Aiyana's Dad » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:14 pm

I'm still learning thou, but in the few weeks I've been into it, I've learnt a lot from u guys in what ur telling me, and what I'm reading in other posts on this site, everyone seems really cool Markee, or really nice Becky!!
Aiyana's Dad

Postby moocowmoneybox » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:19 pm

thats what we are all here for :mrgreen:
Adrian
Rio 400 12/11/10

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision.
"There's someone in my head but it's not me..."
"Everybody has their vice"
moocowmoneybox

PreviousNext

Return to Beginners