How Do You Fit The Poster Background?

New to fishkeeping? This is the place to find out whatever you need to know!

How Do You Fit The Poster Background?

Postby Superman » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:30 am

How do you fit them?

The LFS didn't have any in when I bought my aquarium so needing to find one. Is it best to fit that before filling the tank?
12"x10"x8" Optiwhite Journal Link

Juwel Vision 180 Journal Link
Superman

Postby markee » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:20 am

Juwel do an internal background which looks pretty good but is a bit pricey, for a poster background it doesn't matter when you put it on, i normally wait & see what is in my tank so i can then buy the background to match it. I just use cello-tape to keep it in place, its on the back so you can't see it
markee

Postby chaoz » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:06 pm

a thin smering of oil(cooking,olive etc) is supposed to work fine but ive never tried it
supposed to smear the oil on your background then place it on your tankand use somthing to squeeze the air bubbles out(credit card,phone top up card should do)

NOTE EXTERNAL FITTING ONLY
Unofficial TTT fish rehomer :)

im just a clown loach addict!!!

chaoz

Postby Goldie Girl » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:57 am

I put my background on my 55 gallon with minwax clear polyaryclic protector, this goes on clear and sticks beauitfully, it actually looks like it is in the tank. I had orginally stuck it on with baby oil, however this does not work well with a large tank, the background tends to curl and bend and even after the air pockets are removed they will return in about a week. I hope this helps. :D
Goldie Girl

Postby PETER » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:29 pm

i fitted my back ground inside using background stickers lites up the tank more then out side ground i think no need 4 oils :D
PETER

Postby Tropics » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:24 pm

I've never heard of using oils, I just use cellotape to secure the sides and the top of the poster
Carl
No more fish for the time being :( so hope to return to it next year :)
Tropics

Return to Beginners