What should I do?

Get help on those urgent fishkeeping problems!

What should I do?

Postby jzaine » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:22 pm

After letting the guppy's settle for a day I added the male back in last night. He is constantly pestering the one with the blue tail. He will occasionally go after the other 2 but only until he see's the one with the blue tail again. I've tried switching male's but the other one only pesters that one with the yellow tail (the original) Would they be fine in the 10 gallon together. When they were together for the night to let the females settle, they behaved normally, no aggression at all. The female with the blue tail is very mopy and has been hanging around the corner or behind the heater. The other 2 are very lively. All three female's were doing great together without the male ie: they seemed to be shoaled, where one went they all followed. I would like to keep them like that.
"We feel your passion through and through, Philadelphia fans I love you." Harry kalas 1936-2009
jzaine

Postby Angel Fish » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am

If the male's causing that many problems, I'd keep them separate. With tanks of your sizes, you really don't want to have breeding Guppies - you'd soon have too many to cope with.

If it were me, I'd have the three females in the 20 and the two males in the 10. :)
All the advice I give is based on my own personal 30 years of experience.
Main TT Page
Diabetes Forum
Angel Fish

Postby jzaine » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:41 am

Thanks for the help.
"We feel your passion through and through, Philadelphia fans I love you." Harry kalas 1936-2009
jzaine

Return to Help!