rainbow shark or juwel filter murders

Get help on those urgent fishkeeping problems!

rainbow shark or juwel filter murders

Postby shuvit » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi there, the last few days we've added a few guppies and a few red nose zebra fins to our new (second hand mature) tank. We've woken up the past few mornings to said fish dead and stuck to side of filter.
There's a rainbow shark that came with the tank. He's unobtrusive during the day unless the fish invade his space. Is he killing my fish at night, or is the filter sucking them and holding them (no indication of this during the day). At a loss as what to do

:(
shuvit

Re: rainbow shark or juwel filter murders

Postby shuvit » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:00 am

Never mind, turned off the lights and observed. We're now 1 more beautiful guppy down :-(
Shark has been removed.
shuvit

Postby jim-jim » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:03 am

o dear not sound good at all sorry cant be much help only been keep fish since may but the info i can give is i dont think the filter is to blame as found a lot of baby fish in my tankswimming happy around the filter in take and could move away at ease from the in take on my 405 fulval
hope you not lost any more fish thought i try but hopely someone else will lead u a hand on here as i always find them very helpful
jim-jim

Postby jim-jim » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:05 am

ps the rainbow sharrk are meant to be a nip fin fish as have bewarn warned off them by the fish store as the mix of fish i have guppys mollys bala shark neons
jim-jim

Return to Help!