twirling cory

Get help on those urgent fishkeeping problems!

twirling cory

Postby honeymonster » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:32 pm

I've noticed one of our corys doing the occasional twirling movement, this has happened some time ago with other fish but I am unsure what could be causing it.

The water tests have been ok, except a few weeks ago there was a slight ammonia reading. Unfortunately we used Ammo Lock so now we can't seem to get accurate ammonia readings so I can't say what it is at the moment. The other fish seem ok so far and they have not been gasping for breath at the surface or anything.

We have been doing regular water changes to try and sort the ammonia/ammo lock issue out.

Is there anything else we can do? This has happened with other corys before but we have not been able to sort the problem out.
honeymonster

Re: twirling cory

Postby Carylnz » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:46 am

Corys sometimes do this so there may be nothing wrong with it at all, or it may have a swim bladder issue that may, or may not, right itself. Is it twirling randomly all over the place or up and down from bottom to surface?
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby honeymonster » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:21 am

Just the odd random twirl where it seems to twist itself upside down. I noticed it a few days ago then it seemed alright for a while, then it was doing it again yesterday. I have seen corys do this before when they have been sick but we haven't been able to work out the cause or how to solve it.
honeymonster

Postby Carylnz » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:29 am

Is it after it has been fed?
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Return to Help!