water a little cloudy

Get help on those urgent fishkeeping problems!

water a little cloudy

Postby Skysters » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:46 pm

im currently treating my tank for white spot , upped my tank temp too nearly 30 , i have completed day 3 of treatment , waiting for day 6 to arrive for final treatment thrusday ..my clowns still have spots :( how long does these thing clingon for ?

today i have done a gravel clean ..and changed A quarter of my tank , treated with declorine stuff ..but my water is a little cloudy now ??

is this because i have upset the gravel ? or something else ? my water has been ok for the last 2 weeks been checking reg as LFS tested 4 times in 2 weeks lol ..( waiting for my test kit too arrive )

if it is because of the gravel clean and im currently not using the carbon in the filters? , how long will it be cloudy for , ?? should i change water daily to rectyfy this altho im currently in the middle of a ich treatment ,

plz can someone give me advice .. its not overly cloudy as u can see the fish well , but the water isnt as clear as it has been for the last 2 weeks?

my tank is 48x15x18
it was currently cycled before i bought it 2 weeks ago , and i used 50 litres of the tank water which was previously in tank , and used everything else which was in tank so i didnt lose too much goodnes ?
Sue:)

Tank Size 48 x 15 x 18 inch
3 x Clown Loach
1 x Golden sucking loach
3 x Platties
2 x Apple snails
10 x neons
Skysters

Re: water a little cloudy

Postby Carylnz » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 am

Possibly an algae bloom as the balance in the tank has been upset by the treatment. It should settle.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Re: water a little cloudy

Postby Skysters » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:02 pm

hopefully tyyyy Carylnz :)

still battling with white spot , my clowns seam spotty now but active and still eating . hopefully they will make it .. i am keeping fingers crossed , my heat still at 30 ..tomorrow last dose (day6) for protizin .. ..i will give half dose early ..then another half dose 12 hours later so they have a full dose

also just bought a new tank to quarantine new fish when buying them again ........ but i may even use it for putting these fish in a empty tank for a while if i have to start a second course of treatment .. just put the skull deco in for the clowns to hide ...does this sound a good idea or bad idea ,.. ??

that way i can try rid the parasites in big tank as they will have nothing to catch on too ..

what i would do is fill the tank with water from big tank keep the temp for fish at 30 ..

keep 50 % in big tank and keep that running at 30 aslo .. and maybe i will hopefully get rid of the whitespot palava ....

im just running outta ideas .. cant afford the UV filter .. which u suggested .. altho seams like a good idea to have when i can afford it :)
Sue:)

Tank Size 48 x 15 x 18 inch
3 x Clown Loach
1 x Golden sucking loach
3 x Platties
2 x Apple snails
10 x neons
Skysters

Return to Help!