grrrrr Stressed out !!! still have white spot!!

Get help on those urgent fishkeeping problems!

grrrrr Stressed out !!! still have white spot!!

Postby Skysters » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:08 pm

my clowns have more white spot on them now than ever ,even the neons are showing white spots still even after first course of protizin, i started my second course yesterday on day 2 now ,,,using protizin half dose in morning half 12 hours later so not too upset loaches. but too make sure full dose going in tank in 24 hours.. tank has ammonia and hi nitrates so did water change today while i did that i gravel cleaned in hope to get rid any tomont i could catch ..

why after raising tank to 30 are they still getting them , the clowns x 3 are still active most the time and are all eating which is a good sign but im stressed out ..more than the clowns i think ,.. because i just cant seam to rid the tank of white spot ,

i have 1 sucking loach that seams to be the only fish without ws and havent seen any signs on him at all.. ..

platties still feeling sorry for them selves . even tho i think one is pregnant and being chased by male platty and now n then the sucking loach takes a dive at it but not into it .. seams like its playing ?

the clowns , mickey mouse platty and sucking loach and 2 apple snails , moved here 3 weeks ago .. along with a bought tank from ebay after a week and constant checking of waterand having the lfs tell me the tank is really well , i bought a few neons ,, and a cpl platties ,, ( think the white spot may have come from them :S )altho didnt see signs on any in the tank i bought them from !

mickey mouse platty never looked happy hence buying a cpl more for her to hang with , ..she eats when the rest do .. specially the worms when they get treats ..i have given worms about 3 times a week as a trear ..they also eat flake so the diet shud be ok .. the loaches like the worms and alge wafters .. and the odd peice of cucumber which they all take a nibble at

my apple snails are laying :S since having them they have laid im assuming 3 clumps of egg lave around the lid of my tank 1 last week and 2 this week :S

ph is good..
ammonia 0.25 hence water change
nitrites 0
nitrates .40 again hence water change

i dont plan on buying any more fish for a long time :S untill all signs of Ws is gone ! and when i do ..since now i transfered goldfish and 4 minnows too a 2 foot tank i will have the smaller tank to use as a quarantine one and plan on keeping new fish in quarantine for a cpl weeks or so

so what am i doing wrong :S why can i not rid tank of Ws ..

For the record , i really cannot afford to buy a UV filter atm ,

so any more ideas plzzzzzz help , i really wanna keep my fish in tank ...... up todate 4 neons have died :S and its worrying me now
Sue:)

Tank Size 48 x 15 x 18 inch
3 x Clown Loach
1 x Golden sucking loach
3 x Platties
2 x Apple snails
10 x neons
Skysters

Re: grrrrr Stressed out !!! still have white spot!!

Postby Rob W » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Can you not acquire another small tank temporarily? Be good if you could pop the platys, neons etc into it and treat them with the full dose of meds, keep the clown loaches in the original tank and persist with the partial dose treatment. Also, regular water changes and gravel vacs once the white spots begin to drop off will help keep the numbers of parasites low making the meds more effective. Raising the temp only speeds up the lifecycle of the parasite, high temperatures will kill it but it will be hard on your fish too, you will have to go several degrees higher than 30 and it should be done very gradually. Some strains are resistant to meds and high temps so try another treatment if it's not working. Another option is the salt bath, be sure to read up on it first, there's all sorts of conflicting advice on it, that's why I stick to meds and avoid it but it's worth a try if nothing else works.

The small tank could double up as a quarantine tank in future, avoiding reintroducing parasites and diseases.
River Reef 48 x 2
125L Fluval
240L Fluval
Loadsa fish. And shrimps.
Rob W

Postby Skysters » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:25 am

thanx ..this is my plan for today i have exasuted all other plans , :S btw lost all loaches , one dead 2 dissapeared :S no idea where they went so searching for them now ..been 36 hours since missing:S

3 x Clown Loach
1 x Golden sucking loach
3 x Platties
2 x Apple snails
10 x neons
Skysters

Postby Skysters » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:38 am

alls well found 2 missing loaches ... finally , in bucket ..cleaned tank megga yesterday as transfered all fish to hospital tank , but then the clowns who was very well hidden took a swim in the sink lol they had finally decided to come out where ever they were hiding , but now in main tank i wont put these in hospital tank .. lol they would be stressed so now treating them in main . and treating poorly in hospital :)

good news ,frustrating tho :)

3 x Clown Loach
1 x Golden sucking loach
3 x Platties
2 x Apple snails
10 x neons
Skysters

Return to Help!