Filter Problems

Get help on those urgent fishkeeping problems!

Filter Problems

Postby UK-Dude » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Hello,
I have got a 330, 200 & 100 litre tank that are all running a Aqumanta EFX 400 External filters, At fist i got two for my big 330 and 200 tanks as the pet shop Woman told me that they will be fine on my big tanks. So then i gone out and got my self a new one for my 100 litre tank some time later as i was very happy how they where working on my fish tanks and looked very clean. But now running for some time on all my tanks. The 100 litre tank looks clean as anything but my 200 and 330 litre looks a little messy in water. I do have big fish in my big tanks but like to know what do you guys think about this filter with 200 and 330 litre tank sizes. The water in my big 200 and 330 don't look that clean then my 100 litre tank and i'm going about cleaning the sand with a gravel cleaner and using a net to get rid of all the poos in my 200 and 330 all the time getting.

I know it's normal as big fish are messy things, but it's getting more bad as you can see all the bits going about in the tanks and the water don't look very clean.
I do clean my filters out and do water changes every 2 weeks on all my tanks.
But i have been using the house water tape to clean the parts what i do know it's a very bad idea, but i do take the fish water out of the filter into a bucket and then put the water back in when all the parts are cleaned.

What do you guys think about this?
Do i need a bigger filter for my two big tanks?

Thank you :)
UK-Dude

Re: Filter Problems

Postby Carylnz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:04 pm

I have no personal experience with these filters but a lot depends on the type of fish you have and your stocking levels. If you have plecs you will always have a poo problem :roll:
If you have large, messy, fish then it would not hurt to double the filtration.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Return to Help!