Help ammonia.

Get help on those urgent fishkeeping problems!

Re: Help ammonia.

Postby SparkyST » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:35 pm

Yes give the old sponge and squeeze into the new filter sponge and hopefully that will kick start the new filter
SparkyST

Postby Darryl1984 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:33 pm

I know that must of looked random lol. Its the websites clock, its set an hour ahead of mine at home so when I read your posts they read and hour into the future lol. Clearly ive had to much time on my hands today. Sorry for the spamage :D
Darryl1984

Postby keatingschick » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:06 am

Darryl1984 wrote:I know that must of looked random lol. Its the websites clock, its set an hour ahead of mine at home so when I read your posts they read and hour into the future lol. Clearly ive had to much time on my hands today. Sorry for the spamage :D

:lol: no yer ok, I was just a bit confused, didn't know if my post didn't make any sense. As for the clocks, I don't take much notice on forums as they are always different, and I'm sort of used to the clock being wrong as my clock in my car spends 6 months an hour out as I don't know how to change it :rofl:
keatingschick

Postby Carylnz » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:52 am

It is up to each person to make sure their forum clock time is correct. It needs to be altered for daylight saving times. The means can be found in your user control panel then Board Preferences :wink:
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby keatingschick » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:04 pm

Today I've done another water change about 40% I'd say! whilst doing it I squeezed the old sponge into the new filter! the sponge didn't look too clever just looked brown rather than the usual bit of gunk that builds up! the sponge was more just stained brown. I've now removed the filter and just left the new filter in, and I've also got some filter start which I squeezed the dosage in.

I tested the water after about an hour and the ammonia reading was about 2.0 so I THINK things are improving. The fish are looking fine although I feel bad that I haven't fed them. But all seem ok and touch wood not lost any fish.
keatingschick

Postby Darryl1984 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:55 pm

Fingers crossed.
Darryl1984

Previous

Return to Help!