Dwarf Gourmias

Get help on those urgent fishkeeping problems!

Dwarf Gourmias

Postby Goldie Girl » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:25 pm

One of my female dwarf gourmias is getting a brown spot on the top of her head, just wondering if this is something I need to worry about, the tank she is in is a 70 gallon with 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 10 ppm of nitrate, the p.h is currently 7.0. Everything seems fine and all the other fish are fine, they consist of 2 kissing gourmias and 4 more dwarf gourmais as well as 15-20 various tetras. I will try to get a pic and upload it. Thanks in advance.

Karen
Goldie Girl

Postby krekra » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:22 pm

I m sorry Karen I am not that familier with the species. I keep pearlies. Color change to the skin...esp darker color can mean things like a chemical burn from poor water quality(I know you keep a good water change routine so not so worried about this), surface thermal burn from the heater, or injuries from paraites. See if you can get a good look at it. Is it brown/or black, is the skin around it red swollen or irritated? is it symetrical?? Are any other fish effected?? Look closely at it and make sure it isnt a fish louse :shock: . Can you measure it???
Karena

Just because you can doesnt always mean you should!
krekra

Postby Goldie Girl » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:38 am

Hi, thanks Krekra, no other problems simply seems a very light brown in color, someone on one of the other forums said it is simply a color change that can happen with dwarfs. In fact when I looked a little closer it seems to be that way on the other female as well, but thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it. :D
Goldie Girl

Return to Help!