Could this be a problem?

Get help on those urgent fishkeeping problems!

Could this be a problem?

Postby jzaine » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:42 pm

My widows have a weird way of eating. They swim at the middle of the tank and speed up to the top and attack the food. The splash (I have been splashed 3 times by them). I keep the lid closed because there is a chance that they would jump out. I fed them this morning and closed the lid, went over to feed the guppy's and I heard a thump. At first I thought one jumped out of the back and was searching the floor. Nothing. The white skirt had jumped too high and hit the lid, pretty hard. He was stunned and sitting in the corner, almost looking like he was laughing at the dumb mistake. Less than a minute later he was fine and rejoined the shoal and they are swimming happily now. The shark isn't bothering them at all.
"We feel your passion through and through, Philadelphia fans I love you." Harry kalas 1936-2009
jzaine

Postby Wolfgirl » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:38 am

Maybe you could try feeding food that sinks, such as bloodworm or brine shrimp. Then they won't jump at the surface to get the food. Just a thought. :)
Don't let your mind wander. It's too small to be let out on its own.
~John Wagner
Wolfgirl
Site Admin

Postby jzaine » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:01 am

Thanks, I will try it once I get the food.
"We feel your passion through and through, Philadelphia fans I love you." Harry kalas 1936-2009
jzaine

Return to Help!