angel fish

Get help on those urgent fishkeeping problems!

angel fish

Postby jonny90 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:53 am

Hi guys im new to this site so let me know if im doing anything wrong. The problem is i have had my first tropical tank set up now for about 5 months and everything seems to be running just fine but a friend tank has broke an i offered to house his one angel fish for him, i have a community tank set up with fish like guppies, gouramis, siamese fighter and a couple of glass catfish. I have done some research on the angel fish now and apparently it can be aggresive to smaller fish im worried that it is going to effect my guppies , Please help!
thanx

Jonny :D
________
Electric cigarettes
Last edited by jonny90 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonny90

Postby Angel Fish » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:34 am

Hi Jonny, welcome to TTT :D

Can you tell us the dimensions of your tank (L x W x H) and your complete stock list (species and quantities), I'd hate for us to say that it would be fine only to find that adding an Angel will push your stock limit over the edge :?
All the advice I give is based on my own personal 30 years of experience.
Main TT Page
Diabetes Forum
Angel Fish

angelfish

Postby jonny90 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:49 am

Size: 36x12x18
Filter: Fluval 2 plus
heavily planted
Lighting: Arcadia f025/(30?), 750mm
Stock: 6 Female guppies, 2 Male guppies, 2 neon tetra, Siamese fighter fish, sucker loach, 1 angel, 3 glass catfish

dont think i have missed anything out
________
Gift Cards
Last edited by jonny90 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonny90

Postby Angel Fish » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:45 am

I personally think that you would be pushing it a bit adding another Angel. Do you know how long you'd have to "look after" it or would it be a permanent addition?

I'm a bit confused now (it doesn't take much :? ), in your first post you said you had Gouramis - is that correct?
Have you had any problems having a Siamese Fighting Fish (Betta) in with it? Also, have you seen any agression between the Betta and the Guppies? It's a very strange combination to have, not one that I'd try :shock:

Anyway, I digress, I wouldn't add anything else to a 30gal (approx), unless it was for an extremely short space of time.

Sorry :?
All the advice I give is based on my own personal 30 years of experience.
Main TT Page
Diabetes Forum
Angel Fish

angelfish

Postby jonny90 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:19 am

yer sorry i have one gourami an he is always hiding but the guppies seem to be fine with the betta. The angel fish will be getting rehoused back to my friend later on today, could you advise me which fish to rehouse and which woulkd go well together in a community tank

cheers :)
________
Love Lyrics Dicussion
jonny90

Return to Help!