shooting

Off-topic general discussion area

shooting

Postby straty44 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Watching CNN about all those children and adults shot in New town Connecticut yesterday, my heart goes out to those parents, how do you possibly cope with something like that....................
When you keep fish for love, do it with your heart, not your brain”
straty44

Re: shooting

Postby Rob W » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:17 pm

You never cope with it. There's a lot of pro and anti gun chatter around various forums and social networking sites at the moment, lots of differing opinions but ultimately guns are indiscriminate, you have to look at the person. One of my neighbours committed suicide this week, she jumped off the local viaduct. Why a mother of two young children would do it I have no idea, I saw her regularly pushing the kids around in the pram and whenever I talked to her I had no indication that she might be suicidal, but what do you do? Stop people from accessing viaducts? Mental illness is still regarded with disdain socially but whatever the motivation behind the shootings, mental health doesn't seem to be top of everyone's agenda, guns and justice though it seems, are.

However you look at it, some families are going to have a miserable Christmas and my thoughts are with them.
River Reef 48 x 2
125L Fluval
240L Fluval
Loadsa fish. And shrimps.
Rob W

Postby straty44 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Good point Rob, sorry about your neighbour, like you say it is very difficult to what causes the break down, I just don't know why some have to take other lives, I suppose we will never know. As you say............A miserable Christmas indeed.
straty44

Postby ady » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:35 pm

sickened beyond belief......

you have to be disturbed too do that kinda thing....

the people who have to clear that scene up,will need serious support afterwards.....

i stopped to do CPR on a guy last year.an old boy had collapsed into a verge,still on his bike..in a village just up the road...unfortunately he didnt make it,massive heart attack apparently.....still see his face.so those people have my sympathies at this horrific time..

:shock: :(
humans are the only race,with the intelligence to save the earth...shame we have the ignorance to ignore the salvation!!!!!
ady

Postby straty44 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:14 am

That must have been terrible for you, at least you tried Ady, this one is so sad as they are so young, just starting out in life, I have just heard on the late news, you can walk in to a supermarket and buy bullets, it beggars belief..........so sad for the parents............
straty44

Postby leziel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:38 am

This is the effect of not getting to know the right to keep and bear arm,, many people have carry weapons without license,, s we need t be careful anytime or anywhere.
leziel

Return to General Chat