Swans

Off-topic general discussion area

Swans

Postby Carolann » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 pm

We have been adopted by 2 Black Australian Swans that would normally live on the Lake where our house is , the female is ok ish but the male Cecil is the most bad tempered thing you would wish not to meet, he will have a go at anything human or mechanical he has many a time walked into the road and pecked the front of a approaching car, humans are his favorite prey he will wait till your hands are full then coming stalking accross the lawn to get you.
His only redeeming factor is the fact we have been plagued recently by sheds being broken into looking for expensive cycles , the local Police came round to warn everyone about this except they were given short shrift when they got near our door, Cecil and Hayley in hot pursuit of 2 nervous police persons.
Husband had told me not to feed the birds so the swans would go back to the lake he has now changed his mind with the breakins and says feed them.
I am hoping that they will become less aggressive as time goes on , well with us anyway otherwise sitting in the garden could become a hazardous pastime this summer.
Carolann

Re: Swans

Postby Carylnz » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Sorry, his aggression will not lessen and in breeding season he will be extremely vicious as he protects "his" territory. There are many reports here from people and animals being attacked by black swans. They are more vicious than white ones!
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Return to General Chat