Hello again

Off-topic general discussion area

Hello again

Postby jonswallow » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:00 am

Hi everyone. I'm returning to the hobby after a loooong 6yrs out. A house move meant that I had to sell my 350l pride and joy. 2 more house moves and I finally have a home that I can squeeze something in. Although I didn't post a huge amount, this forum felt like part of the hobby for me. So I thought I'd pop in and say hello. I need something to occupy me whist I wait for my tank to cycle.

Things seem to be a lot quieter these days, I guess the recession has hit the hobby?
jon
jonswallow

Re: Hello again

Postby Rockfish » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi Jon,

House moves are never easy when you have aquariums! It seems to be a common reason people drop out of the hobby, even if only temporarily.

Things are certainly a lot quieter on all but a small number of forums, I guess Facebook groups and the like have replaced forums to some extent.
Sean

Remember there's lots of info at The Tropical Tank main site!
Rockfish
Site Admin

Postby Carylnz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:59 am

My reply is a bit late but I have been overseas then otherwise occupied.
It seems FB pages are preferred by the young but I hate them. Much prefer a forum where the information given is more likely to be correct (and the reply more polite!)
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby markee » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:28 pm

Welcome back Jon,

As the others have said, the majority of forums are like this now. FB is booming with lots of groups due to the ease of access, i think a lot of us now lead busy and sometimes hectic lifestyles (unfortunately) and accessing an app on the move is easier than sitting down to log onto a laptop or pc. Sign of the times i guess :(
markee

Return to General Chat