Plants needed

Advertise your aquarium related items or things you're on the lookout for...

Plants needed

Postby Endler » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi all, I'm new here. I recently inherited a complete 4foot tropical set up apart from a stand (so I made my own) while deciding if I should keep fish or reptiles in it. As you can tell fish won :) however, I could use some advice on decorating and planting this tank.

I'm going to keep it as a community tank, as my 7 yr old son is moaning about keeping shrimps in it.

So, what would be good plants to keep as a beginner to the hobby? And what fish would look good together but also stay calm with each other?

Also (bit cheeky) if anyone has any plants they don't want or are going spare I could use them lol

Thanks
Endler
Endler

Re: Plants needed

Postby kissofdeath » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:06 pm

whats your location m8, it may help peeps to offer u stuff
:D
kissofdeath

Postby Endler » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Good point... I'm in sunny Stoke On Trent
Endler

Postby SparkyST » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:10 pm

I have in my tank Anubius and java fern both attached to bogwood. Grows like mad and needs very little maintenance. I have to prune it every so often but thats all I do.
SparkyST

Postby cobden28 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:04 am

I have some salvinia - floating plant - which grows so regularly in my tropical tank that periodically I have to thin the stuff out. In summer the surplus goes outside in my goldfish pond where it also thrives.

If you want some for free, just send me a plastic bag and a large SAE if you want me to post some to you. PM me for details if you're interested.
cobden28

Return to Buy, Sell & Swap